Capsule Wardrobe For Men – 37 Items You Need To Create Stylish Spring-Summer & Fall-Winter Outfits.
It follows the quality over quantity approach and it’s supposed to reduce the dissatisfaction with your wardrobe even though you have a lot of items. Overall the capsule wardrobe is a minimalist approach to clothing and it does not include accessories.
Why could a capsule wardrobe be for you? If you’re going to go on a long trip or any trip at all, it’s good to have items that you can combine with one another because it gives you more options and you don’t have to haul heavy stuff with you. It’s also great for people who have a large closet and many items of clothing and they don’t know what to wear.
Benefits of a capsule wardrobe?
1. Each item your collection has a specific purpose.
2. Everything works with one another you bring down the cost per wear enormously.
3. You can now invest in higher quality garments that cost more because you buy fewer of them. It also means you stop settling for garments that are just okay
4. You learn how to utilize accessories to really change your look
5. Reduces the amount of space you need for your clothes.
How do you create a capsule wardrobe?
1. Choose a 3 month period.
2. Look at what you already have in your wardrobe that you will like to wear and that you think you can combine with other pieces.
3. Focus on what you already have because you know what it looks like, feels like, its shortcomings and its benefits.
Store all the other clothing away or donate to people in need. Force yourself to not wear anything outside of your capsule wardrobe.
So what does my personal capsule wardrobe look like? Basically I decided I need about thirty seven items. When I say a three-piece suit, that’s already 3 items. For the fall-winter season, I would choose 2-3 pieces suits.
A tuxedo is a very special item and you have to decide if you need it or not depending on the events that you’re going to attend in the next three months.
If you live or travel to a warmer climate, your capsule wardrobe will look entirely different. First of all, because it’s warmer I’d skip any type of 3 piece suits and only go with 2 pieces. Because it’s a warmer climate you can be more daring and you can have more sport coats.
All these suggestions were highly personalized to my tastes and they may not work for you or you can take as a foundation and then change things as you see fit.
BUY HANDMADE SHIRTS OR CUSTOM SUITS FOR MEN IN WASHINGTON DC, BALTIMORE, MD
By Appointment Only
Our tailors will fit, measure and deliver your garments in the comfort of your home or office. Schedule a fitting today
We will travel to your location in Washington metropolitan area, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, New York, New Jersey.
Showroom: 1875 K St NW, Washington, DC 20006
Check out our detailed Capsule Wardrobe Guide For Men here: