Luxury Wool with Alpaca and Silk. The Ultimate Autumnal Jacketing
Inspired by colour, this collection of jacketing fabrics has been exclusively designed by Holland & Sherry.
Wool, alpaca and silk have been intimately blended and woven together in a 2/2 twill construction, producing a luxury collection that has a unique handle, is full bodied and has beautiful drape qualities.
Much consideration has been given to the colours used in this collection as colour plays an important role in our daily lives. Unbeknown to us the colours we and others wear have a huge effect on our subconscious; colour determines our mood, our behaviour, and our perception of others. The colours in this collection have been selected because we believe they have an uplifting and more positive effect on our general mood and wellbeing, making the fabrics in the collection all the more enjoyable to wear.
The cloths in this collection have been co-ordinated with a selection of coloured plains, providing the option of a city or more casual, country look.
Larger than a vicuña but smaller than a llama, alpacas have been bred for thousands of years for their luxurious soft fleece. They are kept in herds grazing high in the Andes of southern Peru, western Bolivia, Ecuador and northern Chile.
Alpaca fibres are…
- Are light in weight and full of lustre – natural sheen.
- Contain microscopic pockets of air that act as a good insulator of heat in cold weather, but also allow the body to breathe thus keeping the body cool in warm weather.
- Contain air pockets which also reduce the overall weight of the fibre, making it less bulky than wool that is shorn from a sheep.
- Are soft, silky and luxurious to touch, making them very comfortable to wear.
- Are beautiful to work with. Garments made from alpaca tailor with ease and have magnificent drape qualities.
BUY HANDMADE SHIRTS OR CUSTOM SUITS FOR MEN IN WASHINGTON DC, BALTIMORE, MD
By Appointment Only
Our tailors will fit, measure and deliver your garments in the comfort of your home or office. Schedule a fitting today
We will travel to your location in Washington metropolitan area, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, New York, New Jersey.
Showroom: 1875 K St NW, Washington, DC 20006